If you are no longer able to care for your pet, we are here to help without judgement.
Here are a few things to know about surrendering your pet to UVHS:
- We are a limited admission shelter. This means we do not euthanize an animal due to time or space. Since we are limited admission, in order to keep with our policy, we do require an appointment for surrendering. This ensures that we have appropriate space for all incoming animals. At times there may be a waiting list to admit an animal, but we will always try to schedule the earliest appointment possible.
- You must be the legal owner of the animal. If you are not the legal owner of the animal, the legal owner must provide a written signed letter in order for someone to surrender the pet on their behalf.
- We ask that you provide all medical records for the animal. If you do not have medical records handy, we will ask for your permission to release medical records from your vet to us.
- We ask for a surrender fee, which varies by animal. At UVHS, we provide food, shelter, medical care, and enrichment. A surrender fee helps us with a portion of those costs. We will NEVER turn away an animal simply because of an owner’s inability to pay.
- We will ask you to fill out a personality profile for your animal. We want to know as much about your pet as possible! We ask that you are as honest as possible. If your animal has a history of biting, litter box issues, resource guarding, or medical issues, we want to know. This type of information helps to ensure that we can appropriately care for, evaluate, and place an animal into the right type of home.
To make an appointment to surrender your pet, please contact Alyssa at (603) 448-6888 ext. 109 or email@example.com