During this time of COVID-19, UVHS is doing virtual adoptions! Virtual adoptions are quite different from our normal process. Here is some information about what you can expect when adopting a new pet at this time.
2. UVHS staff will review surveys submitted for a particular animal and prioritize based on date of receipt and whether or not it looks like a good match for both the animal and the potential adopter(s).
3. UVHS staff will contact the potential adopter(s) that are a good match in order to arrange a “meet & greet” if applicable (designated animals only), or a phone consultation; if no response is received within 24 hours, the next potential adopter in line will be contacted.
4. If the animal is available for an in-person “meet & greet,” the potential adopter will be scheduled for a 1 hour (max) visit at the shelter. All visitors must wear a face covering and will be asked a few brief, COVID health-related questions and have their temperature taken with a no-contact thermometer. Pending the results of the “meet & greet,” as well as consultation with UVHS staff, an immediate adoption may be possible depending on staff availability. Otherwise, a virtual adoption will be scheduled as below.
5. Pending the results of the consultation, a virtual adoption will be scheduled. This must occur within 48 hours of the time of consultation.
6. Adoption paperwork will be emailed to the adopter in advance to be reviewed during the virtual adoption.
7. The adoption fee will be collected at the end of the virtual adoption if paying by credit card. If paying by check, the check will be collected at the time of animal pickup. NO CASH will be accepted.
8. On the same day, the adopter will meet at UVHS to pick up their adopted animal per protocol that UVHS staff will explain during the adoption.
9. As always, UVHS staff will be happy to help with post-adoption questions or concerns!