We’re so glad you’re interested in adding a furry friend to your family!
All available animals are here on our website. You can view dogs, cats, and other animals by clicking the images above.
If you are interested in a particular animal, please fill out this Adoption Interest Form and one of our staff members will contact you.
Information on our adoption process and fees can be found here.
What is the Rescue+ Program?
Rescue+ is our transport program. We save animals from overpopulated areas of the country and find them new homes in New England.
But it’s so much more than that.
Have you heard about our Barn Cat Program?
Sometimes we have cats who cannot live as house pets. If you have a safe, weather-proof outbuilding, consider providing a home to a feline in need!
If we have barn cats available for adoption, they can be viewed by clicking here (they will be designated as barn cats next to their name). If you see one or more that you’re interested in, please call us!
Cats in our barn cat program fall into one of three categories:
- Cats whose litter box habits make them unsuitable to live in the house
- Cats who are just too independent to appreciate being cooped up
- Cats who are feral, under socialized, or fearful of people
UVHS ensures that all cats are:
- Up to date on vaccinations
- Spayed or neutered
What you agree to provide for the cats:
- Permanent shelter in a weather-proof outbuilding
- Provide daily food and water – cats cannot live on mousing alone
- Long-term veterinary care, as needed
- A secure place to house them for the first 3-4 weeks, while they acclimate to their new environment.
We are currently open by appointment.
Mailing Address – UVHS : PO Box 789 : Lebanon, NH 03766
Physical Address – 300 Old Route 10 : Enfield, NH 03748