9/20/2021: We currently do not have any cats available for adoption. Please stay tuned!
We are now open for walk-ins Wednesday through Saturday from 1pm to 5pm.
All available cats can be viewed here on this page. If you see a cat who interests you, stop by to meet them and start the adoption process. Give us a call if you have any questions about a particular animal at 603-448-6888. Our small staff has a lot of animals to care for so please leave a message. Messages are checked frequently throughout the day but we do not have a dedicated receptionist.
Adoptions are done on a first come, first served basis.
If there is a particular cat you’re interested in, please come visit during our open hours. We do not place “holds” over the phone.
Please note: All cats must go home in a secure carrier. Cardboard carriers can be purchased for $5.00 at the time of adoption.
As of July 3, 2019, we will not place a “hold” on kittens due to high demand. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Have you heard about our Barn Cat Program?
Sometimes we have cats who cannot live as house pets. If you have a safe, weather-proof outbuilding, consider providing a home to a feline in need!
Please double check that we have barn cats available for adoption above (it will say so below their picture). If we do not, your survey will not be saved and you will need to fill out a new one when we have some available.
If you have questions, contact one of our Shelter Supervisors at 603-448-6888.
Cats in our barn cat program fall into one of three categories:
- Cats whose litter box habits make them unsuitable to live in the house
- Cats who are just too independent to appreciate being cooped up
- Cats who are feral, under socialized, or fearful of people
UVHS ensures that all cats are:
- Up to date on vaccinations
- Spayed or neutered
- Tested for FeLV/FIV
What you agree to provide for the cats:
- Permanent shelter in a weather-proof outbuilding
- Provide daily food and water – cats cannot live on mousing alone
- Long-term veterinary care, as needed
- A secure place to house them for the first 3-4 weeks, while they acclimate to their new environment.
Wednesday – Saturday from 1pm – 5pm
Mailing Address – UVHS : PO Box 789 : Lebanon, NH 03766
Physical Address – 300 Old Route 10 : Enfield, NH 03748