UVHS is open for adoptions by appointment!
Your adoption on your schedule – it’s a win for you, for staff well-being, and of course, for the animals!
All available cats can be viewed here on this page. If you see a cat who interests you, give us a call to answer some matchmaking questions and begin your adoption journey.
Adoptions are done on a first come, first served basis.
Phone number: 603-448-6888. Our small staff has a lot of animals to care for so please leave a message. Messages are checked frequently throughout the day but we do not have a dedicated receptionist.
Please note: All cats must go home in a secure carrier. Cardboard carriers can be purchased for $5.00 at the time of adoption.
As of July 3, 2019, we will not place a “hold” on kittens due to high demand. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Have you heard about our Barn Cat Program?
Sometimes we have cats who cannot live as house pets. If you have a safe, weather-proof outbuilding, consider providing a home to a feline in need!
We are currently not accepting anymore barn cat applications at this time. Please keep checking back!
If you have questions, contact one of our Shelter Supervisors at 603-448-6888
Cats in our barn cat program fall into one of three categories:
- Cats whose litter box habits make them unsuitable to live in the house
- Cats who are just too independent to appreciate being cooped up
- Cats who are feral, under socialized, or fearful of people
UVHS ensures that all cats are:
- Up to date on vaccinations
- Spayed or neutered
- Tested for FeLV/FIV
What you agree to provide for the cats:
- Permanent shelter in a weather-proof outbuilding
- Provide daily food and water – cats cannot live on mousing alone
- Long-term veterinary care, as needed
- A secure place to house them for the first 3-4 weeks, while they acclimate to their new environment.
We are currently open for adoptions by appointment. All available animals are listed on our website. If you see one you are interested in or require assistance through one of our programs, please call or email us.
Mailing Address – UVHS : PO Box 789 : Lebanon, NH 03766
Physical Address – 300 Old Route 10 : Enfield, NH 03748